This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
The Cricut Maker is by far my favorite crafting tool of all time. I got the Maker when it first came out and I was immediately blown away. I had been using the Cricut Explore Air 2 for a few years and loved that machine but was amazed by the Maker. I know a lot of our community members are thinking about purchasing a Maker or an Explore Air 2. Both are great machines but I do favor the Maker. I wanted to share my top 5 favorite reasons why I love the Maker along with a cute little project I made in under an hour for my little one to play with! Find the project tutorial below the steps.
1. The Cricut Maker is the most powerful Cricut machine giving it the ability to cut the widest assortment of materials including paper, fabric, basswood, leather, felt, vinyl and over 300 materials. I couldn't have ever imagined a Cricut would have the power to engrave in metal! Check out the ornament I engraved!
The variety of project capabilities in incredible. The Maker helps create so many different types of projects from an engraved metal ornament to a t-shirt with metallic and glitter iron-on to a paper popsicle garland.
2. The Cricut Maker cuts all materials with the utmost precision for the most detailed projects! Felt is one of the hardest materials to cut with precious by hand and the Maker does it with ease. Check out how detailed the cuts are in these finger puppet animals I made from a project in design space! Keep scrolling to get the full DIY!
3. The abilities of the Maker keep growing with the addition of the adaptive toolset. The new adaptive tools give you the ability to engrave, deboss, cut wavy lines, score and perforate. The adaptive toolset will continue to grow, providing limitless possibilities to create unique projects.
4. With the Cricut Maker not only can you cut the most detailed designs like my brand logos but you can scale and create oversized projects. The Cricut Maker and design space work hand in hand to make creating large projects easy.
5. The Cricut Maker is the smartest cutting machine of all time. The advanced tech capabilities allow it to communicate with Design Space to ensure you are using the correct blades and correct settings to create the perfect project every time.
DIY Felt Finger Puppet Project:
My daughter Lily loves animals. She is learning how to name animals and recognize them in different environments. I recently made these Felt Animal Finger Puppets with my Cricut Maker. This is a free project in Cricut Design Space.
You will notice that I tweaked the project a little bit. The great part about Cricut Design Space is that you can change the colors of the materials and you can also resize the projects.
- Cricut Maker
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Cricut Felt Summer Sky Sampler
- Cricut Everday Iron-On in Black
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Small Black Sequins (optional to add texture to the eyes)
Once you are happy with your design it's time to make it. The Cricut Maker and the Design space work together to organize the same color cuts onto the same mats. Once you are ready to cut, select the material and Design Space and the Maker will communicate to make sure you are using the correct blade.
Use the EasyPress Mini to iron on the zebra stripes and the eyes.
Once all the felt pieces and the black iron-on pieces are cut lay them out to sort the animal parts before assembling.
Use a hot glue gun to glue all the pieces together. Leave an opening at the bottom between the top and bottom layer so the puppet can fit on your finger.
I can't get enough of these little finger puppets! My daughter, Lily loves them too!
Do you love your Cricut Maker? Share your projects and tag #cricutcreated #cricutmaker so I can see all the fun projects you are creating!