New Year’s Eve (NYE) is a big day but often shadowed by Christmas and other festive holidays celebrated in the month of December. Most people won’t make NYE plans until after Christmas Day! As a result they’ll settle for an average house party leaving out the beverage details, creative recipes and elaborate decors. Well, that is not going to happen under my watch! I came up with a quick and fun idea on how to set up a NYE hot cocoa bar. So Goodbye Old, Hello mü Year. From a DIY cocoa bar to a no bake dessert to a sweet treat to send your guests off, you will have the perfect mü year celebration! This was easy to set up so you totally got this!
Given that most adults have dinner plans prior to ringing in the new year, I want to focus on one main attraction – the hot bar! CBG teamed up with mü coffeehouse cocktails to bring you these fun ideas for the big night. We created a party around our favorite flavors of mü. Come inside and warm up to this sensational and delicious hot cocoa bar!
How to Set-Up a NYE Hot Cocoa Bar:
1. You must have a festive color palette. The perfect colors for NYE theme are gold, black, white, silver and anything sparkly. It’s OK to be over the top.
2. For decor, add some decorative tassels, glittery paper fillers and cute chalkboard labels on everything. Your guests will think you took your time in setting this up. (We all know that’s not really the case but that’s our little secret.)
3. Have hot cocoa ready. Whether you mixed it with milk and chocolate or you used the packet, keep it in an insulated carafe or dispenser to stay hot throughout the night.
4. A mü years hot cocoa bar must have decadent embellishments. I suggest plenty of milk chocolate, white chocolate, marshmallows, crushed peppermints and ground cinnamon or nutmeg. These compliment the favors in our three favorite mü flavors. Encourage your guests to try all the delicious flavors and create their own mü mix.
5. Spike that hot cocoa! After all, it is mü years eve! We used our three favorite mü products that paired with hot cocoa. See the mü hot cocoa recipes below.
mü Hot Cocoa Recipes:
mü Chocolate Chia: Hot cocoa, mü Creamy Chocolate Chai, marshmallows and ground nutmeg.
mü Coco Cappuccino: Hot cocoa, mü Creamy Coco Cappuccino, marshmallows and white chocolate morsels.
mü Espresso Macchiato: Hot cocoa, mü Creamy Espresso Macchiato, marshmallows, milk chocolate morsels and crushed peppermints.
6. Add a sweet treat for your guests to indulge. Try our recipe for mü Crunch Bunch made with mü Espresso Macchiato. This is the perfect treat to indulge in before you kick off your new years resolutions. See the easy recipe below.
mü Crunch Bunch Recipe:
- 4 cups of chocolate morsels
- 3 cups of chopped potato chips
- 3 cups of marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter
- 8 tablespoons of mü Espresso Macchiato
- Melt chocolate morsels and peanut butters on the stove top mixing until the texture is creaming.
- Stir in mü Espresso Macchiato as the chocolate and peanut butter are melting.
- Remove from heat and fold in chips and marshmallows until mixed.
- Line glass baking dishes with parchment paper.
- Press mixture into the baking dish until is about 1 inch deep. Top with marshmallows and sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove and chop into squares.
7. Give your guest more mü greatness to take home. Try the mü Hot Cocoa To-Go favors. See below for the recipe.
mü Hot Cocoa To-Go:
- 4 cups of chocolate morsels
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows
- mini wooden spoons
- ice tray
- Melt chocolate morsels on a double boiler. Stir until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into an ice tray.
- Stick wooden spoons in each chocolate cube.
- Sprinkle mini marshmallows on each chocolate cubes.
- Let chocolate sit on a cool surface until chocolate hardens. About 2 hours.
- Place chocolate spoons into a party favor bag with mü mini bottles.
- Tie on twine and leave them out for guests to take home.
- At home your guests just melt the chocolate in hot milk and stir in mü for a warm winter treat.
Have other accessories available. That means stir sticks or straws, napkins, mugs, cups, sleeves or even instructions on how to mix up a phenomenal beverage
When the countdown starts this mü year’s eve, know that you are already one step ahead to a creative and delicious 2017! So goodbye old, hello mü , I mean new! Share with us how you celebrate the new year with mü by tagging us on instagram using hashtag #muyear
You can find a store near you to purchase mü by clicking here. It's available in four flavors in 750 ml bottles and mini bottles (great for party favors).
Please note these recipes are only to be used and consumed by viewers ages 21 years and up. We appreciate you using this product responsibly. This post is sponsored but all opinions, content, recipe and photographs are my own.
Happy mü Year!
Chan Vu, CBG Director of Content