I have had this old rickety wooden ladder sitting in my garage forever. I originally paid $6 for it at Good Will. I finally decided to give it a makeover and turn it into a trendy shelving system for my office. I can always use more storage for my craft supplies.
- Wooden Ladder
- Spray Paint Primer
- Chalky Finish Spray Paint
- Clear Finishing Spray
- Acrylic Paint for Accents
- Foam Board
- First I made sure to tighten all the screws on my ladder and remove the warning and branding stickers.
- Spray the ladder with primer and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Spray paint your first coat and let dry for 30 minutes. Repeat coats until you have your desired color.
- If you want to paint accents like I did, let the spray paint dry for 1 hour. I painted the front of each step with metallic gold acrylic paint.
- After paint is dry spray with the finishing spray and let dry for 1 hour.
- Create shelves by cutting panels of foam board to lay across the steps.
- If you don't wan to leave the white foam board exposed, wrap it in colorful wrapping paper.