Every day that passes feels more and more like Fall! I am getting my home ready for my favorite season with fireplace garland, pumpkin vases, candles holders, homemade potpourri, front door decor and more! I have a few easy DIY tips that will get your home ready for Fall without breaking the bank!
1. Clean out the inside of a pumpkin and set a vase inside the pumpkin. Create a flower arrangement in the vase.
2. Carve out gourds and use as candle holders.
3. Spray paint mason jars gold and use a vase for barley.
4. Homemade Potpourri: Thinly slice apples and oranges. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Pull the petals off carnations or roses. Lay apples, oranges, petals and cranberries on a pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 200 degrees: Flowers for 45 minutes, fruit for 2 hours or until completely dry. Mix dried fruit with cloves and cinnamon sticks. Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and nutmeg. Keep in an air tight container for 2 days before using.
5. Fall Wreath: You will need a stick wreath form from your craft store along with a variety of artificial Fall leaves, flowers, styrofoam pumpkins, wooden letters, ribbon and floral wire. Use the floral wire to secure the decorations. You may also need hot glue to keep items in place. Have fun decorating!
6. Gather pine cones in your yard and spray paint them gold.
7. Fire Place Garland: You will need a thin strand of fall leaves that is about 4-6 feet long, artificial flowers, burlap ribbon, Fall ribbon, styrofoam pumpkins and floral wire. Stretch out the strand of leaves and tie ribbon and burlap every foot with one knot. Fill in the empty line with the other decorations.
Happy Fall Y'all!