Homemade Granola with Carob Chips and Goji Berries
Granola is a staple in our house. I’m always looking for new flavors and combinations at the store, but after discovering how easy it is to make I’ve been making my own combinations. This particular granola features carob chips and goji berries for a morning energy boost.
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup goji berries
- ½ cup carob chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix the honey, sugar, vanilla extract, oil, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flax seed, and chia seeds.
- Prepare a baking sheet by covering it with parchment paper.
- Pour the oat mixture onto the baking sheet and cover it with the wet mixture. Cover the oats completely with the wet mixture by mixing it together with a wooden spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes, mixing and flipping the granola every ten minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container.