Picture it…the house is quiet. The husband/kids are in bed. And that bottle of wine and basket of Easter candy are calling your name. You pour yourself a glass and curl up on the couch to catch up on your shows with a handful of jellybeans and a few Peeps shoved in your mouth. It’s going to be a lovely evening. And while I was, oh so gracefully, stuffing another sugary pink Peep in my mouth, I thought it would be great if these candies were already fused with alcohol. That way you wouldn’t have to share with the kids, right? Right.
I thought it would be a fun to tryout my bartending skills and see what I could come up with. I call these the Beanie Martini and the Chocolate Peep Frozen Mudslide. Enjoy!
- Lemon wedge (optional)
- Place 1/2 cup of vodka and 1/4 cup of jellybeans in a glass jar for about 12 hours. Strain. Makes 4 ounces. Use one color jellybeans at a time for best results.
- Put 1 ounce of vodka in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake to chill.
- Add 3 ounces of champagne and squeeze lemon wedge into shaker.
- Stir gently and strain into glass.
Chocolate Peep Frozen Mudslide
- Peeps (as many as you have)
- Milk (any will do)
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- Chocolate syrup
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce Bailey’s Irish Cream (regular or coffee flavor)
- Large blender
- Marshmallows or Fluff (optional)
- First start off by softening the Peeps by lining them on parchment paper and putting them in the oven to broil. Leave the oven door cracked and watch them. This only takes about 30 seconds.
- Pour about 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of milk in your blender and then fill your blender with as much ice cream as possible. Start off with just one cup of milk. You can always add more later. Blend.
- While still a thick consistency, add the vodka and Bailey’s Irish Cream and a little bit of chocolate syrup. Blend.
- Next add in your Peeps. The more Peeps, the better. If you do not have Peeps, you can always use regular marshmallows or fluff. It will be delicious either way. Blend very well!