Pecan Sandies are one of my favorite cookies. They also are the easiest cookies to bake. I made these delicious cookies for a cookie swap party!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Bake pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet for 6 to 8 minute or until toasted. Stir halfway through cooking to avoid burning. Turn oven off.
- Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electronic mixer until fluffy.
- Gradually add flour to mixture, beating until blended. Stir in pecans and vanilla.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each portion into 2 logs (1 ¼ inch thick). They should be about 12 inches in length.
- Wrap in parchment paper, cover and chill for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cut logs into ¼ inch thick round sections and place on a greased baking sheet ½ inch apart.
- Bake at 325° for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a drying rack.
*recipe yields about 24 small/medium cookies
Notes If the dough is too dry add a few tablespoons of water