The day of love doesn't have to just be for kids or love birds. Craft Box Girls teamed up with Pink Limocello for a fun, flirty and boozy Valentine's Day. Handmade cards and sweet treats are not just for kids anymore. Forget the stale store-bought chocolates and corny box cards, we are celebrating with the perfect boozytine. Friends, boyfriends or hopefuls will adore you if you gift them this scrumptiously creative package complete with, mini Pink Limoncello, Pink Limoncello Lemon Bars and a DIY accordion notebook.
First things first, you must have a cocktail in hand before you start....
- 2 ounces cranberry juice
- 1 ounce Pink Limoncello
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Add ice, cranberry juice, Pink Limoncello and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker
- Stir for 20 seconds
- Strain over ice
- Top with Prosecco and garnish with a paper straw and washi tape flag
Now that we have a cocktail we can officially get started......
Pink Limoncello Lemon Bars
Graham Cracker Crust Ingredients:
- 2 cups of crushed graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 stick of melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of Pink Limoncello
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Pink Limoncello
- 2 drops of pink food coloring
- Parchment Paper
- 8x8 glass dish
- Powder sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- Line an 8x8 inch clear baking dish with parchment paper
- Mix together crushed graham crackers, sugar, butter and Pink Limoncello
- Press into the baking dish, evenly distributing to cover the entire bottom
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes
- Next, mix together eggs, sugar, lemon juice, flour and Pink Limoncello.
- Once mixed add food coloring and stir until you get an even pink color
- Remove crust from oven and pour filling over crust
- Bake for 17-19 minutes or until the filling slightly giggles and a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool in pan for 1 hour
- Pull out of the pan by lifting up the parchment paper
- Cut into squares with a sharp knife and sprinkle with powder sugar
Package them in clear party bags and seal them with washi tape.
Next up, is creating a handcrafted accordion notebook....
- (2) 3-inch x 4 inch foam board pieces
- (2) of 4.5 inches x 5.5 inch pieces scrapbook paper
- 1 white poster board cut to 4 inches x 21 inches
- 2 feet of white ribbon
- 1 ruler
- 1 glue roller
- Stamp if you want to embellish
- Lay the scrapbook paper flat with the front facing down and place the foam board in the center. Draw lines and cut the corners out of each corner
2.Roll the glue roller along the boarder of the foam board
3.Fold the edges of the scrapbook paper over the foam board and press firmly
4.Repeat step 1-3 for the other piece of scrapbook paper and foam board
5.Fold the poster board every 3 inches like an accordion and set aside
6.Roll a line of glue on the center of the back side of the foam board (exposed foam board facing up)
7.Fold ribbon in half and lay the center of the ribbon on the glue line and press firmly
8.Cover the exposed foam board and board with glue
9.Press the poster board accordion on the foam board firm and hold for 10-15 seconds
10.Repeat step 8 with the other foam piece and connect to the other end of the accordion
11.If you want to embellish use a stamp, scrapbook stickers or washi tape
12.Tie ribbon around the book in a bow
Tie the package together with 2 bottles of mini Pink Limoncello and a cute box!
We can't get enough of Pink Limoncello's delicious flavor and pretty pink style. The best part is that you can purchase it in a 750 ml bottle and 50ml minis at your local liquor store. The minis are perfect for party and wedding favors! Find a store near you by visiting the store finder.
Share your favorite Pink Limoncello Valentine's treat by using #pinklimonvday on social media.
Have Pink Day!
This is a sponsored post as part of a content campaign for Pink Limoncello but all recipes and opinions are my own. This post is only to be for readers 21+ years of age.