Whole Wheat Couscous and Kale Salad
by Lynn Lilly, Mar 07 2015
We are always looking for new healthy recipes that we can use for lots of different occasions. This Whole Wheat Couscous & Kale Salad is perfect for a quick weekday meal and is great for entertaining as it is so beautiful and oh so delicious!
This salad livens up plain couscous with lots of veggies and an irresistibly tangy dressing and makes a great side for any meal. It also packs a big nutrition punch with the kale, peppers, and chickpeas!
Even if you are not a master chef, you can make this salad as the preparation mostly consists of chopping and pouring everything into one big bowl together. How easy is that? Added bonus: it takes less than 15 minutes to throw together!
Whole Wheat Couscous & Kale Salad
- 5 cups kale, chopped
- 1 2 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 4 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook couscous according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine the kale, warm couscous, red pepper, chickpeas, and almonds (the warm couscous will help the kale to wilt a bit which really helps the salad meld together!)
- Toss the salad with the dressing and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving and enjoy!
← Older Post
Newer Post →