Add a Fresh Touch to Old Home Goods
by Lynn Lilly, Mar 25 2015
I am always looking for ways to add a creative touch to items around my house. Check out my five favorite easy projects that will brighten your home!
1. Hand Painted Coffee Table Tray:
Use acrylic paint and painters tape to create a pattern. Another option is to cut letters out of scrapbook paper (I used my Silhouette
) to create a message on the tray. If you are attaching letters, coat the surface with mod podge, firmly press letters into place, and apply 2-3 more coats of Mod Podge.
2. Dipped Utensils: Use painters tape to create your design. Apply paint with a foam brush. Seal with 2-3 coats of Mod Podge.
3. Washi Tape: Add colorful washi tape to a glass vase to match flowers or a party theme.
4. Chalk Board Labels: Add chalk board labels to canisters. Use a chalk marker to label each canister.
5. Soap Dispenser: Take an olive oil dispenser and turn it into a hand soap/dish soap dispensers. Add twine and a label and display on your sink ledge.
← Older Post
Newer Post →