Summer Party Foods
by Lynn Lilly, Jun 30 2015
Summer is my favorite time to entertain friends and family. I love taking normal cookout foods and shaking them up! Check out these must have creative foods for your next Summer party. I also got my hands on an amazing new entertaining tool, a Wooden Feast Board. My neighbor recently launched Woodkith, a handcrafted business creating all natural wooden home accents, tables, benches and custom pieces. The pieces are absolutely beautiful!
Mexican Street Corn
- 4 corn on the cob
- 4 ounces of low fat cream cheese
- Chile powder to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- Grill unshucked corn on the cob for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and shuck corn.
- Grill cobs for 10-15 minutes or until you start to see char marks.
- Mix cream cheese, chile powder, garlic powder and romano cheese. Add chile powder and garlic to taste.
- Remove corn from the grill and spread the cream cheese mixture on the cob. Sprinkle lightly with additional chile powder and romano cheese.
Creative Hot Dogs
Wrap hot dogs in crescent rolls and bake for 8-9 minutes at 350 or until croissants are golden brown. Drizzle with ketchup and mustard with an artistic look and delicious taste.
Veggie & Hummus Dips
We love mini solo cups for personal hummus and vegetable dips.
Interactive S'mores Bar
Utilize a camping burner, marshmallows, graham crackers and toppings like crushed peanuts and sprinkles to create delicious s'more sandwiches.
Slice french bread and toast 2 minutes per side in the oven at 350 degrees. Mix 4 ounces of cream cheese and half a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch powder seasonings. Spread cream cheese on the toasted bread, top each piece with 2 thinly sliced cucumbers and sprinkle with dill.
Grilled Mexican Corn
← Older Post
Newer Post →