Make a beautiful butterfly out of a rock with this fun craft idea! Find a rock, grab your paint set, and colorful cardstock and let’s get started! Here is what you need to make the craft.
Project Difficulty: Beginner
- Bright Pop! Cardstock Paper
- Washable Paint
- Washable Liquid Glue
- Paint Brush
- Kid Safe Scissors
- 1 Eraseable Colored Pencil or a Standard Pencil
- A Pipe Cleaner
- A Rock
- Get out and explore! Find a rock around your yard.
- Paint the rock with one of the paints form your paint set.
- Let the rock dry.
- While your rock is drying, select any page from your cardstock pack.
- Fold the paper in half with the plain side facing out and the patterned side facing each other.
- On the crease line, draw the number 3.
- Carefully cut along the line of the number 3.
- Unfold the number 3 to reveal the colorful wings of your butterfly.
- Glue a thin line down the middle of the rock.
- Place the color wings on the glue, with the colorful side facing up and let dry.
- With your pipe cleaner, cut it in half to make two pieces.
- Fold one piece into a v-shape.
- Bend the ends of the pipe cleaner outward to curl the ends.
- Place a dot of glue to the top of the rock.
- Secure the pipe cleaner on the glue dot.
- Let your butterfly completely dry before playing.
We hope you enjoyed this Camp Craft Box project! Parents, share your child’s craft on the Camp Craft Box Facebook Group. Don’t forget to tag @crayola and @craftboxgirls and use the hashtag #CampCraftBox if you share your child's projects on social media.