Paper dolls were a favorite playtime activity for me growing up. I love to encourage imaginative play and this is the perfect craft for the kids to dream big and create some fun stories when they are done making their own puppet.
Project Difficulty: Beginner
Materials From Your Kit:
- Erasable Colored Pencils
- Colors of the World Crayons
- Washable Markers
- Glue Stick
- Liquid Glue
- White Paper from Paint Kit
- Construction Paper
- Paper Doll Puppet Template (you can download and print this one or your kids can draw their own)
- Popsicle/Craft Stick (one per paper puppet doll)
- Download, print, and cut out the paper doll template or draw your own with one one of the colored pencils.
- Pick a skin tone crayon from the Colors of the World Crayons and color the paper doll.
- Next use the pencils or markers to draw a face.
- Use the pencil and scissor to draw and cut out hair. I had fun creating green and pink hair for my paper doll puppets.
- Use the glue stick to glue on the hair.
- Draw and cut out clothes for your puppet by laying the body on construction paper and drawing the clothing you want to create around the body. You can make, pants, shirts, shorts, dresses, skirts, etc.
- Once the clothes are cut out, use the glue stick to glue them to the puppet.
- Decorate the clothing with markers and colored pencils.
- You can also cut out accessories like books, bags, sports ballets, etc and glue them to the puppets hands.
- Use the liquid glue to glue a popsicle/craft stick to the back of the puppet.
- Let the glue try before you play.
Try to come up with a fun story or skit for your puppet. You can also make more puppets and put on a show for your family!
We hope you enjoyed this Camp Craft Box project! Parents - share your child’s craft on the Camp Craft Box Facebook Group. Don’t forget to tag @crayola and @craftboxgirls and use the hashtag #CampCraftBox if you share your child's projects on social media.