Indulge your sweet tooth with this delicious cake mix donuts recipe. These tasty treats are perfect for parties, holidays, or anytime you are craving a baked dessert. With just a few ingredients, I will share with you how to make these homemade glazed donuts taste like they came fresh from a bakery.
Trust me when I tell you that this recipe will become one of your favorites. And you have my permission to eat as many donuts as your heart desires. Enjoy!
- Wilton Donut Pans
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
- Wire Cooling Rack
- Pillsbury Moist Supreme Strawberry Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 eggs
- Sprinkles or other toppings (optional)
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
Cake Mix Donuts Recipe
Makes 18 to 24 donuts
10 minute prep
10 to 11 minute bake time
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Spray the donut pans with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Follow the directions on the cake mix box. To make the cake mix taste more homemade, replace the oil with melted unsalted butter, use milk instead of water, and add an extra egg to the batter.
4. Place the cake mix and other ingredients in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for about 2 minutes.
5. Pour the mixture into a piping bag or a large, sealable plastic bag and snip a 1/2 inch hole in one corner of the bag.
6. Squeeze the batter into the prepared donut pans, filling each mold halfway.
7. Bake donuts for 10 to 11 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched.
8. Let the donuts cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pans, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Instructions for donut glaze:
***Only dip cooled donuts into the glaze.
Thoroughly mix 2 cups of confectioners' sugar with 4 tablespoons of milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract in a bowl. Dip the top half of each donut in the glaze. Turn as needed to coat evenly. Transfer to a wire rack placed on top of a lined cookie sheet and let drain.
Immediately top with sprinkles, candies, nuts, or other toppings. Let dry completely.
And that's it!
Can you say "yummy"! I like the donuts without any toppings, but my son loves the ones with sprinkles. So I baked a batch just for him!
It is no secret that a lot of people do not like boxed cake mixes, but the added ingredients make these donuts taste unbelievably good. And the glaze on top of the donuts is absolute perfection. The best part about this recipe is that one box of mix yields a lot of donuts. So you can bake these treats for parties and events and even bake sales where you know there will be a significant amount of people.
Thanks for reading! Please feel free to share this project via social media.