Although the weather has not received the memo, summer will be here before for know it. It's all about warm nights with friends, family, BBQs and cocktails! That's right! I have a cool refreshing cocktail that is perfect for all the outdoor shindigs you will host this summer. It has rosé in it so it's a guaranteed hit! You cannot lose with rosé.
Watermelon Mint Frosé Margarita may sound daunting but it is way easier than how it sounds. It just needs some prep work and a lot of freezing but you can chill in the meanwhile. Get it?
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 2 cups of rosé *Choose a full-flavored, full-bodied, dark-colored rosé for freezing. It will lose some of its color during the freezing and blending stages.*
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- Handful of chopped fresh mint leaves
- Garnish: fresh mint sprig (optional)
Makes 2 servings
- Place watermelon on a baking sheet. Freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- Pour rosé into an ice tray and freeze until almost solid (it won't completely solidify due to the alcohol). This may take at least 6 hours.
- Coat rims of cocktail glasses with lime juice then dip in sugar.
- Place frozen watermelon, frozen rosé , tequila, mint, sugar and lime juice in a blender. Blend until slushy. Pour into glasses. Garnish, if desired.
For DIY realness make sure you follow me on my blog A.V. Does What!? Follow me on all social media handle @avdoeswhat too!