This post is sponsored by General Mills, but all opinions are my own
The holiday season is here and it is the most wonderful time of the year. Our calendar is filling up, we are planning weekend trips and scheduling time with family and friends. I love to cook and bake during the holiday season but every year the season seems to get busier and busier. I would much rather spend my time with family and friends than in the kitchen cooking. I am on a mission to find the easiest eats that are delicious, festive and can be made in under 30 minutes. I am loving all the holiday recipes that Chex™ has created that are themed with my favorite classic holiday movies.
To celebrate this holiday season I am sharing this yummy snack using Chex™ cereal that I picked up at Walmart. I made the Clark Griswold™ Nuthouse Chex™ Mix. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation™ is one of my all-time favorite holiday movies! Because we watch this movie at least 5 times every year during the holidays, I was so excited to make Clark Griswold™ Nuthouse Chex™ Mix! It was the perfect snack for watching the movie for the first time this season.
- 6 cups Corn or Rice Chex™ cereal
- ¼ cup butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups mini pretzel twists
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 4 tablespoons holiday sprinkles
- 2 cups salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup candy-coated chocolate candies (red and green)
- Line 2 large rimmed baking pans with wax paper. In a large microwaveable bowl, add cereal
- In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave butter on High for 20 to 30 seconds, until melted. Stir in sugar and microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds, or until sugar is starting to dissolve. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave on High for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after every minute, until thoroughly glazed. Spread cereal onto one of the baking pans. Spread pretzels onto the remaining baking pan.
- In small microwaveable bowl, microwave chips on High for 45 to 60 seconds, stirring after 45 seconds, until chips are starting to melt. If necessary, continue heating in 15-second increments, stirring after each until chips are melted and smooth. Transfer melted chips to small resealable food storage bag and cut a small corner off one end of the bag.
- Drizzle on top of cereal and pretzels and top with sprinkles. Cool 20 to 30 minutes, or until drizzle is set. Carefully break apart cereal and pretzels; transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in nuts and candies.
It almost looks too pretty to eat! But I promise it is too delicious to not eat!
Going on a holiday road trip? Pack cute snack bags for your family for easy snacking!
Check out all the holiday Chex™ Mix recipes for easy snacking!
*Get a holiday movie on Chex when you buy 3 specially marked boxes
**Up to $15 value. Promo expires 3/31/20. Limit 4 per person. Go to activaterewards.com/chexmovie for full details.
NATIONAL LAMPOON’S CHRISTMAS VACATION, THE POLAR EXPRESS © WBEI. A CHRISTMAS STORY © Turner Ent Co. ELF © New Line Prod. Inc