When I am planning a party I like to pick one to two elements and use them throughout the food and decor. I am thrilled to be partnering with Kroger to share a few of my favorite festive creations that will make your holiday entertaining a little sweater. I dreamed up cranberry white chocolate pistachio bark when I was making a cranberry simple syrup and decided to experiment with making a cranberry compote. In this post you will see how I used the cranberry compote in bark, shortbread sandwich bites and in my bubbly. I love that I just had to make one stop at Kroger to get all my shopping done. A brand new Kroger just opened 5 minutes from my home and I am in love with the shopping experience. This grocery store has juice bar, Starbucks, cheese bar, wine, huge fresh produce section and a larger than life floral department. I never knew I could love a grocery store until I walked into this new Kroger in Lindberg (Off Piedmont Road in Atlanta).
To celebrate our love for this store we are giving away a $50 gift card to help you get a jump start on holiday entertaining. Comment on this post or on our facebook /instagram post with your favorite holiday dish. Winner will be selected at random on Friday January 16, 2016 at midnight!
- 2 cups of cranberries
- 1 cup of water
- 6 tablespoons of sugar
Place water, cranberries and 4 tablespoons of sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to medium/low heat and cook for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. About 10 minutes in I mashed the cranberries. Next turn the heat off and add remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar and stir. Let the compote cool completely. For future use store in a glass container.
White Chocolate Cranberry Bark
Ingredients (makes 12 inch x 6 inch slab):
- 2, 11 ounce bags of white chocolate morsels
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of shelled pistachios
- 5 tablespoons of cranberry compote
- Parchment paper
- Baking dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl pour both bags of chocolate and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until chocolate is smooth.
- If chocolate starts to get crumbly add a tablespoon of vegetable oil and stir.
- Add 1 cup of dried cranberries and 3/4 cup of pistachios to the chocolate and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour chocolate in the parchment lined baking dish. Use back of spoon to spread and smooth. Spread to about 1/2 inch thick.
- Strategically drop 1 tablespoon of cranberry compote on top of the chocolate.
- Use the back of the spoon to swirl cranberry compote into the chocolate to make a beautiful design.
- Top bark with pistachios.
- Let the bark harden for 1.5-2 hours or accelerate the hardening by placing in the refrigerator.
- Once is its harden use a sharp knife to cut the bark into pieces.
Drop a teaspoon of cranberry compote into the bottom of a champagne glass. Fill with champagne and garnish with a sprig of rosemary. Not only does this look gorgeous but it tastes gorgeous.
Cranberry Shortbread Sandwich Bites
Kroger carries Petit Beurre Shortbread Cookies which are my favorite. To make them even more delicious I spread cranberry compote in between two cookies to make a sandwich bite! So delicious and pretty!
Rosemary and Cranberry Wreaths
To add a fragrant festive touch to my table I made rosemary and cranberry wreaths using floral wire. These are great to just add to the table or a place setting or even use as napkin rings!
I hope inspired you to get creative with your entertaining this holiday season! To make entertaining a cinch find a Kroger near you by visiting their website.
PS- Don't forget to visit comment below or visit us on instagram or facebook to share your favorite holiday dish for a chance to win a $50 Kroger gift card.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.