Red, White & Blue I want to craft with you! Nothing say’s summer-like Americana decor and we are excited to share the new Unicorn SPiT “Americana” Collection Kit now available at Michaels Stores. Today I am turning a wood round into an American flag-themed sign that is perfect to welcome friends and family to your house.
- 18” Raw Wood Round (wood aisle at Michaels)
- Unicorn SPiT “Americana” Collection Kit
- Raw Wood Stars
- 3” Raw Wood Small Letters (comes in a kit at Michaels) to spell “Welcome”
- Paint Brushes
- E6000+ Adhesive
- Non-Water-Based Clear Sealant
- Paint a flag pattern on the wood round by using the Unicorn SPiT Blue Thunder to create a partial rectangular in the top left section. Then paint Stripes using the Unicorn SPiT Molly Pepper and White Ning.
- If you want to see the grains in the wood using a paper towel to wipe away the excess stain.
- Paint the wood letter using the Unicorn SPiT Blue Thunder and let dry.
- Once dry, paint a coat of the Unicorn SPiT Iced Egret to add the perfect clear glitter coat.
- Paint the stars with the Unicorn SPiT White Ning.
- Once everything is dry use the E6000+ to adhere the stars and the letters.
- Once the adhesive is dry spray with a non-water-based clear sealant.
- Once it is dry, celebrate summer with the perfect patriotic front door sign!
If you want a more rustic look, you can stand the flag painting before adhering the letters and stars. Just make sure to wipe away all the dust.
The Unicorn SPiT Americana kit is perfect for all your Summer projects. You can purchase it now at your local Michaels Store along with all the other new Unicorn SPiT kits.
This post is sponsored by Eclectic but all thoughts and opinions are my own.