It's Summer and the kids are out of school! I will be live all Summer every Tuesday at 1:00pm EST on the Crayola Facebook Page sharing new crafts for the kiddos! This week we are making homemade puffy paint and creating a cotton candy canvas and a cupcake! The final product of this craft is such a fun sensory craft for the kiddos.
All the Crayola supplies can be found at Crayola.com
- 1/2 Cup Foaming Shaving Cream
- 1/4 Cup Crayola Washable Liquid Glue
- Crayola Washable Paint
- Craft Sticks
- Paint Brush
- Construction Paper or Bright Pop Card Stock
- Cardboard Craft Roll
- Glitter Glue
- Bowl (only used for crafting)
- Paint your canvas. You can decide to do stripes (use painters tape) or paint a sold color. Have fun getting creative.
- While the paint is drying let's make the base to our project.
- If you are making the cotton candy, take your craft roll, cut it down the center and roll it into a cone. Use the glue secure it. Flat it so you can easily glue it to your canvas when the canvas is dry.
- If you are making the cupcake, draw a trapezoid shape on construction paper or cardstock. This is your cupcake wrapper. Accordion fold it. Once the canvas is dry, glue the edges to the canvas.
- Now, let's mix the puffy paint. Pour 1/4 cup of washable glue and 1/2 cup of foaming shaving cream into a bowl.
- Take a craft stick and dip in the color of paint you want your puffy paint to be.
- Dip the craft stick in the glue and shaving cream mixture. Use the craft stick to mix everything together. If you want a darker color add more paint.
- Glue the cupcake wrapper or Cotton Candy Stick to the canvas.
- Use the popsicle stick to spread the puffy paint and create the top of your treat. Spread it but keep it about 1/2" think.
- If you want to add sprinkles cut up small strips of construction paper. Or add in some glitter glue.
- Let it completely dry (24 hours) before touching.
- Once it is dry it will squishy!
There are so many different things you can create with this! Crayola has an Ice Cream Cone Project and I made Rainbow last year!