Fall is finally here and we are still staying close to home but that doesn't mean we can't have fun with our friends and family in our close circle. Lily loves playing store and I thought she would love an Apple Cider Stand where she can pretend sell cider. For my monthly project with Testors Craft and Rust-Oleum I am turning two old craft crates and scrap wood into a cute cider stand that can also turn into a hot chocolate stand in winter and a lemonade stand in Summer!
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint in Ruby and Coffee
- Rust-Oleum Imagine Intense Glitter Paint in Gold
- 2 Large Craft Crates
- Scrap 2x4 Pieces
- Cut-Out Letters or Sticker Letters
- Foam Core Board
- Box Cutter
- Industrial Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Fall Ribbon
- Apple Template
- My crates were already white. It is good to have a base color on before using the Intense Glitter.
- Paint the Intense Glitter over the front of the crates.
- Use the industrial hot glue gun to glue the two crates together. The bottoms of the crates will be facing outward as the front of the stand.
- My 2x4 wood scraps were the perfect size but you might need to cut pieces to size based on the height of your child.
- Make sure the 2x4 wood pieces have a base color before painting on the Intense Glitter.
- Use the industrial glue to attach the 2x4 wood pieces to each side of the black of the crates.
- Draw and cut an apple out of the foam board.
- Paint the apple with Testors Acrylic Paint using Ruby for the apple and Coffee for the stem. Once the apple is dry paint a coat of intense glitter on the apple.
- Once the apple is fully dry add the cut out letters or stickers.
- Make a small bow with the fall ribbon and glue to the stem of the apple.
- Glue the apple to the front of the crates.
- Add a banner to the top. I was originally going to have my banner say "Apple Cider" but my daughter was a little two tall so I removed the line that says cider so "Apple" it is.
- Add some fall props, apples, cider of course and a scare crow! Let the fun begin!
Visit Testors to view all the colors of their Craft Acrylic paints and Rust-Oleum to view all the colors of Imagine Intense Glitter Paints. Testors Craft Acrylics and Rust-Oleum Imagine Intense Glitter paints are available at Menards and Do-It-Best Hardware stores, online and in stores, as well as Amazon.com.
This post is sponsored by Testors but all thoughts and opinions are my own!