Tis the season for entertaining! I love hosting dinner parties and creating special touches to make festivities memorable for friends and family! Today I have teamed up with Testors Craft to create birch slab menus that can be used for all your holiday entertaining!
For today's project here are materials we are using:
- Birch or Wood Round
- Testors Craft Metallic Black Acrylic Paint
- Testors Craft Paint Pens in Metalic Silver, Metallic Gold and Red
- Twine/ Ribbon
- Scotch Tape (optional to help feed twine)
- Paint Brush
- Paint the inside of the wood round with the Testors Craft Black Metallic Paint and let dry.
- Using your pencil draw two small dots on the right side of the wood slab leaving about 1-1.5" in between each.
- Use the drill to drill through the wood slab. Use a bit large enough to fit the twine or string you selected.
- Feed the twine/ribbon through each hole starting at the back. If you are having trouble feeding the twine through the holes wrap each end with tape.
- Use a pencil to write the word menu on the board and draw any embellishments. I like to use a pencil before using the paint pens just in case I make a mistake or placement is off center.
- Once you are happy with your design trace over it with the paint pens.
- Let the paint pens dry.
- Use chalk to write your menu so you can easily erase and re-write your menu if you plan to use it for multiple parties.
Happy Holiday Crafting!
This post is sponsored by Testors Craft but all thoughts and opinions are my own!