Fall is here! I am so excited to start decorating! Testors is back with another series of Testors Crafternoons videos! I am hosting two of their episodes to share two of my favorite fall crafts. I was thrilled to do both of these episodes and explore a few of their new creative products! Check out my first episode featuring how to make a Personalized Pumpkin Patch Sign!
On this week's episode, I try the brand new Testors Craft Distressing Kit in Ivory. I love how it gave my sign a rustic look! The kit paired perfectly with Testors Craft Chalkboard paint! It was super easy to create a personalized sign that is just as festive inside my home or on the front door!
Watch the episode below to see how easy it was to make this festive sign!
- Testors Craft Distressing Kit
- Testors Craft Acrylic Chalkboard Paint
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint in Metallic Gold, Ruby and Orange
- Wood Plaque (18 inches)
- Painter's Tape
- Paint Brushes
- Adhesive Letter Stencils
- 1-2 inch Birch Slices (7)
- Personalized Message (or you can free-hand)
- White Chalk Marker
- White Chalk
- Use the painter's tape to tape off a border on the board. Cover the inside of the border as you will be designing the frame first.
- Follow the instructions in the Testors Craft Distressing Kit to distress the border of the frame.
- Remove the painter's tape while the paint is still wet.
- While the border is drying paint each of the birch slabs with the Testors Craft Gold Metallic paint.
- Use the adhesive stencils and the Testors Craft Ruby Acrylic paint to stencil letters that spell out "Welcome" on the birch slabs. Set aside to dry.
- Paint the inside of the frame with Testors Craft Chalkboard Paint. You can tape off the board or freehand.
- Once dry, glue the birch slabs to the top of the frame.
- Next, use a chalk marker to write a personalized message. Refer to the video if you created a message on your computer and want to learn to how to transfer it to the sign.
- Last stencil or freehand leaves with the Testors Craft Acrylic Paint in Ruby and Orange.
- Finish the sign by adding ribbon to hand it!
I love how this sign turned out! It was the perfect crafternoon project to get myself ready for Fall!
Testors Craft Acrylics are available at Menards, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, Joann.com and select True Value, Do-It Best and Farm & Fleet stores. Testors Craft Distressing Kit is available at Home Depot. Make sure to follow Testors Craft on Facebook for more episodes of Crafternoons!
This post is sponsored by Testors Craft but all thoughts, opinions and projects are my own!
If you loved this project feel free to pin it!