I discovered 2 new craft products (new to me) that I am obsessed with and I think you are going to love them too! A few weeks ago my friends at Marabu Creative USA sent me the Graphix Permanent Markers and the Graphix Sketch Markers. Both are alcohol based markers and are great for different projects They are great for traditional art projects, drawing and sketching but I wanted to experiment with other uses. I spent the last week creating a few different projects with both and I am excited to share my first one with you!
For my first project I wanted to tackle a tumbler that could be simple and great for beginner tumbler makers. I used the Marabu Graphix Permanent Markers. I will be sharing more about the Sketch Markers in an upcoming project.
I love that the Graphix Permanent Markers have dual tips, are so bright and vibrant on a variety of surfaces and the fact that they dry quick which means no smudges! For this project I am using them on a stainless steel tumbler that came with a white powder finish. If you have a raw stainless steel tumbler I would recommend spray painting it before you start your doodle.
Stainless Steel Floral Doodle Tumbler
- Marabu Graphix Permanent Markers
- Stainless Steel Tumbler
- Clear Gloss Decoupage & Brush
- Painter's Tape
- If you are starting with a raw stainless steel tumbler I recommend spray painting it to start. My tumbler came with a white powder coat finish which was a great surface to doodle on.
- Using the Graphix Permanent Markers create your very own doodle around the entire tumbler. I went with my go-to flower doodle but with the dual tips on the markers (1mm felt time and .5mm precision) the creative possibilities are endless.
- When you are done with the design you will need to seal the cup. First use painter's tape to tape around the rim and inside of the cup.
- You can seal the cup with epoxy but this will require a longer dry time and a tumbler spinner. Instead of epoxy I used my go-to clear gloss decoupage. Brush on an even coat and let it complete dry. Follow the instructions on the package for dry and cure time of the decoupage.
I recommend hand washing your tumbler. No matter how I finish my tumblers I always hand wash them.
Besides drying time this was a 30 minute project! I absolutely love how it turned out!
You can use the Marabu Graphix Permanent Markers on a variety of non-porous surfaces including glass, metal, plastic, and glossy paper. They also come in packs of 4, 12 or 24 markers. Visit Marabu Creative USA to find out where to purchase and see the different colors in each pack.
Stay tuned! I will be sharing a new 30 Minute Made with Marabu Art Project in the coming weeks.
This post is a sponsored collaboration between Craft Box Girls and Marabu Creative USA but all opinions, ideas and project ideas are my own!
If you like this project feel free to pin it!