This post is sponsored by Brother Crafts but all opinions and thoughts are my own!
The holidays are here and I am in full crafting mode! I was recently gifted the new Brother ScanNCut DX from my friends at Brother and I am excited to explore all the exciting features of this unique machine! Over the next few months, I will be sharing new features that I discover and some of my favorite projects!
To get started I wanted to try one of the projects in CanvasWorkspace, which is their free online design portal. I am always looking for creative small gifties at the holidays to give to neighbors and friends so I decided to try the Snowman Gift Box.
For this project, you will need the standard mat, cardstock in black, white, orange, red and green, a glue roller and yarn.
- Download the first design file and send the data directly to the ScanNCut DX.
- On the ScanNCut DX select to retrieve data. The design file will populate on the screen.
- Put the white cardstock on the mat. Feed the mat into the machine.
- Select draw on the menu and load the color pen you would like to use in the pen holder cartridge and place it in the machine. Hit start and watch the ScanNCut DX draw the memo area of the favor box.
- Keep the mat in the machine feed. Switch out the pen holder and replace with blade cartridge
- Select cut on the menu and set the cut pressure to 4-6. You can test on a corner of the paper to make sure you have the right pressure.
- Feed the mat out of the machine and remove the cut design from the mat.
- Next go back to CanvasWorkspace on the computer and send the second file to the computer.
- On the ScanNCut DX, click home and retrieve data.
- Notice the cut file includes the template for the hat, nose, berries, and holly. Cut pieces of cardstock large enough for each of those assets and place it on your mat.
- Feed the mat into the machine and hit scan. Once the mat has been scanned you will see mat on the machine screen and can move the elements to fit in the area of the color of cardstock you want them cut in.
- Select Cut and watch the magic happen!
- Remove the pieces from the mat and assemble.
- Don't forget to write a festive holiday message.
This was such a fun project and it only took about 20 minutes! My next project with the Brother ScanNCut DX is Fa la la la llamatastic!