I am excited to continue my partnership with Testors and Rust-Oleum sharing new projects each month! This month we are getting ready for Halloween and I tried out Testors Aerosol Color Shift and I was amazed at the results! It was the perfect spooky addition!
- Testors Color Shift in Green Copper
- Testors Craft Acrylic Paint in Black, Gold Rush Glitter Burst, Gold, Purple and Coffee
- Testors Craft Metallic Paint Pens
- (2) 18"x30" Foam Boards
- Craft Knife/Box Cutter
- Paint Brush
- Hot Glue or Industrial Glue
- Ribbon and Halloween Fluff
- Purple Glitter
- Free Downloadable Templates
- Download and print the templates (link above).
- Layout the papers and tape together. Cut out each template.
- Trace the templates on the foam board and cut out with the craft knife/box cutter.
- Paint the hat pieces black. Once the black hat pieces are dry we will spray on the Color Shift. A base coat helps create the color shift effect.
- Paint the buckle purple, once dry paint on a coat of Gold Rush Glitter Burst. While it is still wet sprinkle on purple glitter.
- Paint the moon Gold. Once dry paint a coat of Glitter Burst.
- Paint the broom with Gold and Coffee paint.
- Paint the bat with black paint.
- Add a face to the bat, texture lines to the brooms with the Paint Pens.
- Read the safety instructions on the Testors Color Shift can. Make sure you are in a well-ventilated room or outdoors.
- Spray a light coat of the Color Shift over the hat parts holding the can about 12 inches away and using sweeping motions. Once dry do a second coat. You can see the amazing effect right away!
- Once all the pieces are dry glue them together adding ribbon and Halloween fluff.
- The last step is to glue on a piece of twine so you can hang the witches hat.
- If you plan to hang on your front door apply a weather-proofing top coat.
I love how this turned out!! The Color Shift adds the perfect spooky effect!
Testors Craft Color Shift paints and Enamel Paint Pens are available at Michael’s Stores.
This post is sponsored by Testors but all thoughts and opinions are my own!