Wood Bead Garland is one of the most trendy home decor crafts right now. It is so easy to make. On a recent episode of Creative Living I shared how easy it was to make your own with all supplies you can get at your local Micheals Store.
Project: DIY Wood Beaded Garland
- Wood beads multiple sizes
- Craft smart paint - navy blue and white
- Paper plates
- Paint brushes
- Wooden skewer
*Everything above can be found on Michaels.com and in store.
- Separate your wooden beads based on the size.
- Mix your white and navy blue paint to make a lighter blue - you should now have 3 colors. White, light blue, navy blue.
- Using your wooden skewer, paint your beads (each size beed will be a different color) and remember you can leave one size unpainted for a natural wooden look.
- Let dry.
- Take your twine and string your beads in whichever pattern you prefer. Use your tape on each end to ensure your beads stay in place for now.
- To create your tassels, you will use your scrap piece of cardboard and wrap your twine around and around until you have a good amount covering your cardboard. Cut a small piece of twine and shimmy underneath your wrapping horizontally, tie around the top.
- Now, cut the bottom of the wrapping you just created. Remember you can cut to size now however you prefer. To finish your tassels, tie another piece of twine about an inch or so down from the top as shown in the video.
- Take your tape off of your garland ends and tie your tassels on.
Happy Crafting Friends!
This post is sponsored by Michaels but all thoughts and opinions are my own!
xoxo - Lynn