Summer is full of opportunities to entertain and there is no reason to stress over hosting! Think simple but delicious! These mini coconut cream pies are my absolute favorite and I can't wait to serve them at all my upcoming Summer festivities!
- 2 Packages of Pre-made Pie Dough
- Circle Punch (I used the bottom of a frosting can)
- Non-stick Cupcake or Muffin Tin
- Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 2 tsp Coconut Extract
- 1 Cup Cold Milk
- Ready Whip
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Coconut Shreds
*Makes 24 mini pies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out pie dough on a floured surface. Punch out circles. The bottom of a frosting can was a perfect size and worked really well.
- Put dough circles into the non-stick cupcake tin forming mini bowls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until pie crusts is slightly browned.
- Let pie crusts cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Make instant pudding according to the box recipe and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a whisk, whisk together instant pudding, coconut extract, and milk until you have a pudding consistency.
- Place coconut shreds in a skillet and toast on medium for 2-3 minutes. Watch carefully because they burn quickly (I burned my first batch). They should be slightly browned and crispy.
- Remove pie crusts from cupcake tin.
- Put a small spoonful of pudding mix into each crust.
- Top with Ready Whip and a sprinkle of toasted coconut. Serve immediately.
- If you are not serving immediately put shell with pudding in the refrigerator and add Ready Whip and toasted coconut right before serving.
Enjoy! Happy Summering!