Photo crafts are my absolute favorite projects. I love being able to look back at all my amazing family memories and share those memories through creative gifts! I’m so blessed to have such an amazing mom, and to be a mom to my two beautiful girls. For this Mother’s Day, I wanted to create something personal, colorful, and crafty. And since my mom is always asking for pictures of the kids, I thought why not think out of the box for picture gifts?
Aleene’s Premium Decoupage is the perfect tool to create long lasting photo crafts. This easy photo canvas collage is the perfect way to add a personal touch to let mom know how much you love her. I love this so much I am going to keep a set and make one for my mom!
- Aleene’s Premium Decoupage in Matte
- Colorshot Acrylic Paint (Colors: Clear Skies, Aromatherapy, Marshmallow)
- 12x12 Stretched Canvas
- Paint Brush
- Foam Brush
- Paint Palette
- TurquoiseCardstock Paper
- Pink Cardstock Paper
- Letter Stickers
- Starting at the top of the canvas, paint a thick line of Clear Skies across the top of the canvas.
- Mix Marshmallow paint with the Clear Skies paint to create a lighter shade. Paint another thick line next to the first blue light. Blend the colors together. Continue to add the Marshmallow and paint across the canvas until you reach the center.
- Flip the canvas around and paint a block of the Aromatherapy. Add Marshmallow to the Aromatherapy to create a lighter shade and paint across the canvas. Keep adding Marshmallow and painting on the canvas, blending as you go.
- When the colors meet in the middle of the canvas, blend together. Set aside.
- Cut the pictures you’ve selected in an outline style.
- Once cut, place the pictures on top of the cardstock paper; one picture on the pink cardstock paper, and one picture on top of the turquoise cardstock paper.
- Cut the paper in the same shape as the picture, leaving a ½ inch margin. Set aside.
- Once the canvas is dry, pour Aleene’s Premium Decoupage in Matte in a plastic cup and use the foam brush to apply a light layer of decoupage on the canvas.
- While the canvas is still wet, spread decoupage on the back of the pink cardstock paper and place it on the canvas.
- Spread decoupage on the back of the photo and on the front of the pink cardstock.
- Adhere the photo to the cardstock. Use fingers to smooth out any bubbles.
- Spread decoupage on the turquoise cardstock paper and place it on the canvas, slightly overlapping the other photo.
- Spread decoupage on the back of the photo and the front of the turquoise cardstock.
- Adhere the photo to the cardstock. Use your finger to smooth out any bubbles.
- Paint decoupage over the entire canvas, including the photos and cardstock paper to seal the photos.
- Let the canvas completely dry.
- At the bottom right corner of the canvas, add sticker letters for a special touch.
I love how easy this project was and how special it will be as a gift! My mom is getting one and I can’t wait to display mine in my craft room! Grab a bottom of Aleene’s Premium Decoupage in Matte for all your photo crafts for Mother’s Day and beyond!
xoxo- Lynn Lilly
This post is sponsored by Aleene’s and Duncan Enterprises but all thoughts and opinions are my own
If you love the project, please pin it!