It's Fall y'all! Even though it doesn't really start to feel like Fall until late October in toasty Atlanta, I still love the thought of leaves falling, cool mornings the smell of fireplaces and holiday festivities brewing. I struggle with good front door decor between Halloween and Thanksgiving. I am loving this rustic pumpkin wreath as my go-to front door decor for in between Fall holidays. You know what else I am loving... it is so EASY!!!! The written instructions are below but you can also watch I live broadcast I just hosted with Hometalk (you can fast forward if you don't have time for the whole thing)
Keep scrolling at the end of the how-to for more Fall front porch decor!
- Orange Deco Mesh
- Burlap Ribbon
- Ombre Green Wire Ribbon
- T Pins
- Faux Fall Leaves & Sticks
- Floral Wire
- Floral Wire Cutter
- 14 or 16 inch Styrofoam Wreath Form
- Unravel the orange deco mesh, gather the end together. Using the T pins, attach the gathered end to the back of the wreath.
- Unravel the deco mesh until it stretches across the wreath form. Cut the deco mesh leaving enough room to gather and wrap the end around the back of the wreath form. Secure each end around the back of the wreath form with t-pins.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until the whole wreath form is covered, forming the body of the pumpkin.
- Create a bow with the green ribbon and attach it to wreath form using 2 t-pins at the top of the pumpkin.
- Cut several 15 inch strips of burlap ribbon.
- Fold each piece of burlap ribbon in half and twist. Secure the twist with floral wire. Attach to the wreath form right above the bow. Repeat with remaining pieces, securing them around the top of the wreath.
- Use your fingers to curl each end of the burlap ribbon.
- Use the wire cutter to clip leaves off the faux branches.
- Attach leaves to the bottom of the pumpkin using a t-pin. Keep adding leaves until you get your desired look.
- Stick a few faux branches through the deco mesh at the top of the wreath so they look they are coming out of the burlap stem. Secure in place using t-pins.
- Display on your front door and celebrate Fall!
Happy Fall Y'all!!!
xoxo- Lynn (scroll down for a few more inspirational ideas for your porch)