Flowers are definitely the way to my heart. My husband learned that really quick in our early days of dating. I love a beautiful fragrant bouquet of flowers but I don't love when they wilt and fade so quickly. I am currently swooning over felt flowers these days because they are so easy, you can customize them, and they last forever! Enjoy this simple tutorial to whip up a colorful bouquet for a special friend this Valentine's Day.
- Floral Wire & Tape (You can use pipe cleaners as substitute)
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- Circular Object at Least 5 Inches in Diameter
- Cut a 5-7 inch piece of floral wire and tightly wrap it with floral tape. Stretch the floral tape as you are wrapping to help enact it sticky properties.
- Place the circular object on the felt and use the chalk to trace a circle on the felt.
- Cut out the circle inside the chalk lines. If there is excess chalk on the circle, use a paper towel to brush it off.
- Starting at the edge of the circle, cut into it circle making continuous 1-1.5 inch scalloped cuts around the circle until you get to the center of the circle.
- Starting with the inside end of the scalloped circle, hot glue the end of the floral wire.
- Wrap the felt piece around the floral wire. Add drops of hot glue every few wraps to hold in place. Wrap directly around, making sure the felt does not slip upward or downward. The scalloped edges create the perfect rose petals
- Secure the end with hot glue.
- If you have green felt you can also add leaves to rose. Repeat to create a bouquet.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Tips: If you want to turn this flower into a hairpin or brooch just omit the floral wire stem hot glue a pin or barrette.