- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups chopped kale
- Parsley, for topping
- Shredded Parmesan, for topping
- Heat olive oil to medium heat in a large pot.
- Add onions and saute 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add garlic and thyme, saute for an additional minute, or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Pour in chickpeas and cook 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and vegetable stock, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin.
- Bring to a boil and stir in kale.
- Turn heat down to medium low and cook until kale is wilted, or about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Most memories I have with friends and family contain food of some sort and I believe food brings everyone together! I love creating recipes that are loved by the group and don’t require a lot of time to prepare. I also tend to gravitate towards recipes that do not contain a lot of ingredients because I like to keep things simple in the kitchen. I’m not much of a baker, but maybe down the road!
When I am not cooking you can find me hanging out with friends, listening to music, going for a run or looking for inspiration for other recipes. I live in Atlanta with my cats Milo and Tiger. I love to entertain and I’m not afraid to bust a silly dance move when the music gets me going!