Today, we are going to make a fun and happy monster art project! Who is ready to be an artist? Here is what you need for this project:
Project Difficulty: Beginner/Intermediate
- Washable Markers
- Watercolor Paint Pallets
- Washable Paints (Colorful Paint Pots)
- 1 Brush from Paint Set
- 1 Erasable Colored Pencil
- White Sheet of Paper from Paint Set
- Cardboard (use the piece that was packed with the white paper in the paint set)
- Paper or Plastic Cup of Water
- Paper Towel or Napkin
- Using the colored pencil draw a large "u" shape in the center of the paper.
- Flip the paper around so the "u" is now upside down.
- To close the opening of the "u" draw a zig zag line from one end to the other end.
- Draw three circles on the round top of the monster. If you need to trace something you can trace the base of the glue stick in your kit. Erase the line from the top of the monsters head that goes through the eyes.
- Draw two antennas.
- Draw an arm coming out from each side of the monsters body.
- Draw two legs and feet coming out of the zig-zag line at the bottom of the body.
- In one of the top corners, draw a message bubble.
- Next, use your markers to trace what you just drew. You can pick your favorite colors for each part of the monster. Don't forget to draw a mouth for your monster.
- Get your watercolor paint, a cup of water and paper towel. Use the paint to paint the inside of the monster arms, and legs.
- Use the markers to add spots to the monster.
- Use the watercolor to paint grass under the monsters feet.
- Use the washable paint set to paint the inside of the spots and the conversation bubble.
- Add flowers in the grass with the washable paint.
- Once the conversation bubble is dry, use a marker to write a message or your name!
TADA! You are officially an artist!
We hope you enjoyed this Camp Craft Box project! Parents, share your child’s craft on the Camp Craft Box Facebook Group. Don’t forget to tag @crayola and @craftboxgirls and use the hashtag #CampCraftBox if you share your child's projects on social media.