When Crunchmaster® reached out and challenged me to pick a new hobby or activity and master it I was up for the challenge. Being that I love entertaining and creating fun experiences around food I decided I wanted to take on the challenge and become a picnicmaster! Over the course of the next few months, I will be working on creating extraordinary picnics and sharing what I learn along the way. By the time spring gets here I will hopefully be a picnicmaster and you will be able to use some of my fun tips and tricks for creating your own picnics! Have you ever wanted to master something.... it is never too late to start! If you decide to take on the master challenge from Crunchmaster® make sure to share your experience with me!
In Atlanta, a winter week goes a little something like, sunny and 50 degrees on Monday and then 16 degrees and snowing on Wednesday. You never know what you are going to get so when it was Sunny and 50 degrees on Monday I decided it was the perfect day to start my journey to becoming a picnicmaster. My first picnic was right in the center of Atlanta at Piedmont Park with amazing skyline views. This was the perfect destination as it as serene escape surrounded by the hustle and magic of the city. In addition to picnicking with the CBG team, I brought along my sidekick Tate. I can't wait until it gets warmer and I can bring baby Lily along for some picnic fun! I am sure I will have lots of learnings from picnicking with a baby :)
Tips for Hosting a Winter Picnic
- Keep the food simple and wholesome.
- Think small bite items of food that are easy to transport and leave little cleanup.
- Don't be afraid to get fancy. I used dishes and a few of my favorite home decor pieces to make my picnic feel special.
- Think warmth and comfort. Bring a comfy blanket to sit on and even a few extras to cuddle. I wore a blanket shaw which was perfect for the chilly weather. Don't be afraid to bring outdoor pillows, they add to the comfort and provide a little more relaxation.
Ranch Cucumber Bites:
- Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Signature Buttermilk Ranch & Dill Crackers
- Cream Cheese
- Powder Ranch Dressing
- Thin Sliced Cucumbers
2 Bite Crunchy Sandwiches:
- Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Sea Salt Crackers
- Cracked Pepper Turkey Deli Meat
- Sliced White American Cheese
- Bread & Butter Pickles
Make a sandwich of turkey, cheese, and pickles between two delicious crackers!
French Onion Soup:
- Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Rosemary & Olive Oil Crackers
- Canned French Onion Soup (in the spirit of keeping it simple)
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
I prepared and heated the soup at home and transported in a thermos. I added the parmesan and crackers right before I was ready to eat it!
- Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Roasted Garlic Crackers
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- Onion Powder
- Buttermilk Powder
- Black Pepper
- Chili Pepper
- Chipotle Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Chopped Dried Onion
Soften cream cheese and mix in 1/2 tsp of chili pepper, chipotle pepper, salt, garlic powder, buttermilk powder and onion powder. Mix in 1 tablespoon of dried onions and parsley. Add more of each ingredient to taste. Serve in a glass jar with a lid for easy transport! It is perfect for dipping with the Crunchmaster Multi-Seed Roasted Garlic crackers!
- Crunchmaster Multi-Grain Sea Salt Crackers
- Milk Chocolate Bars
- Large Marshmallows
- Hazelnut Spread (optional)
- Wooden or metal Skewers
To roast my marshmallows I set up a portable roasting station using a metal lid of a box, coffee beans (then added a really nice aroma) and three 2.6 ounce sternos. You will need a candle lighter to light the sternos. Be cautioned the sternos get really hot quickly. Do not touch them after you light them, make sure they are not near anything that could catch on fire. To burn them out, place the lid back on and let them cool for 10-15 minutes before touching and disposing.
Crunchmaster® Crackers are the perfect sidekick for my journey to become a picnicmaster and work on my health and fitness as I am also on a journey to lose some baby weight. They are wholesome, gluten-free, made with whole grains and oven baked for a seriously crunchy satisfaction!
Here are few more fun shots!
Stay tuned for my next picnic adventure (it is going to be so unique) with Crunchmaster®!
In full disclosure, this post is part of a paid campaign for Crunchmaster® but all ideas, recipes are my own. I have been a long time Crunchmaster eater and love these crackers even before I started working with them!