Bring the great outdoors, indoors with a cool nature frame for your bedroom! This is what you’ll need to make this craft:
Project Difficulty: Beginner
- Liquid Glue
- Washable Paint
- 2 Paint Brushes
- White paper from Paint Kit
- 4 Sticks
- Cup of Water
- Lay one end of a stick on top of another stick end. While the sticks are laying still down, tie the two ends together by wrapping a piece of yarn around their intersection, then tie a knot.
- Once you’ve tied the knot, continue wrapping the sticks intersection with yarn until they are securely attached to one another. When you finish wrapping the yarn, cut the excess string and tuck the end tail into already wrapped yarn.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 until all four corners of your stick frame are wrapped in yarn and tied together. When you're done it should already start to look like a picture frame.
- Use your paint brushes and washable paint to paint and design the front of your frame however you’d like. Keep a cup of water nearby in case you need to clean your brushes.
- Set your painted frame to the side and allow it completely dry while moving onto the next step.
- Lay your leaves face side down so that the veins are facing up. Once you’ve set them all out, arrange them in the exact way that you’d like for them to look inside if your nature frame.
- Lay a piece of white printer paper on top of your arranged leaves.
- Use your choice of crayon colors to lightly color over the top of each leaf that is underneath the white paper. As you color, you should begin to see the outline and veins of each leaf.
- Grab your dried stick frame and lay it directly on top of your colored leaf picture.
- Use a crayon to trace the sides of the outer frame so you’ll know exactly how big your leaf picture should be in order to fit the frame.
- Use scissors to cut out the traced square that you just drew.
- Flip your stick frame over to it’s back and place liquid glue on all four corners where the yarn is.
- Slowly flip the frame back over to it’s front side and place it directly on top of the cutout leaf picture.
- Hold the frame in place until the glue is dry or until the photo and frame are attached to each other and done!
Try this project at home multiple times in different colors and with different leaves so that you can have nature inspired art for all the walls in your room!
We hope you enjoyed this Camp Craft Box project! Parents, share your child’s craft on the Camp Craft Box Facebook Group. Don’t forget to tag @crayola and @craftboxgirls and use the hashtag #CampCraftBox if you share your child's projects on social media.