With Labor Day quickly approaching I am working on my festive front porch decor! I wanted to create something a little different than the patriotic wreath I created for Memorial Day. This fun front door decor is much easier than a wreath and can last all Summer!
- Various styles of festive ribbon
- Burlap/June Ribbon
- Blue Fabric
- Wooden Dowel
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue
- White Fabric Creations Fabric Paint
- Star or Flower Stamp
- Cut a 2 foot piece of twine and tie it to each end of the dowel.
- Cut a 8 inch by 8 inch section of blue fabric.
- Stamp the blue fabric with the stamp and white fabric paint. Let the fabric dry while you work on the rest of the project.
- Cut approximately 24, 2 foot sections of ribbon.
- Using the hot glue gun to attach the ends of each piece of ribbon to the dowel. Alternate attaching each piece on the front and the back of the dowel. You can overlap the pieces.
- Attach the square of blue fabric at the left end of the dowel using the hot glue gun. Make sure the stamped side is facing out.
- Next cut a piece of the burlap/jute the length of the dowel and attach over the ribbon to hide the ends.
- Optional: Tie a bow with the burlap/jute ribbon and attach to the top left corner of flag with hot glue.
Enjoy your new front door decor!