We are so excited to launch a new series, Shop My Party!! Every few weeks we are going to launch a new party theme and feature it across multiple posts making it easy for your to shop all of our favorite party decorations, favors, glassware and get yummy recipes and sweet crafts! We are kicking off our first Shop My Party with a celebration for Craft Box Girls 3rd birthday! This birthday is truly a special one as I have lived every second of the crazy adventure and been able to follow my dreams because you have supported and been right beside our team!
Last week we had a confetti filled office birthday party to prep for our birthday celebration with Swoozies in Atlanta on March 4, 2017. If you live in Atlanta we would love for you to join us for sweets, mimosas, crafts, giveaways and discounted shopping. Check out all the details on our facebook event page! We pulled together all of our favorite decorations, partyware, sweet treats, cocktails and more! There was way too much confetti for one post so we split it up into three! Check out our other two posts featuring a sweet sip and stylish partyware and the perfect birthyay decor galore! Each post including this one is filled with some fun outtake shots of our team getting goofy! We also are making is super easy for you to get all these awesome party supplies by including links to purchase!
A quick note: This post contains affiliate links and I'll earn a small commission if you shop through them. This is how we help to make money so we can continue to bring you amazing content
- 1 box of cake mix
- 2-3 eggs (according to the cake mix instructions)
- vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- vanilla frosting, warmed to spread smoothly
- 2 6 inch cake pans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix cake with ingredients according to the instructions.
- Spray the cake pans with cooking spray. Pour batter half way in each pan. Bake as instructed.
- Let the cake cool before flipping the cake out of the pan.
- Cut the cake horizontally and again to cut off the dome part of the cake. Do this for both cakes to make 4 cake layers.
- Place the first layer of cake on a cake dish.
- Spread vanilla icing across the cake surface. Layer another cake and continue to spread icing between each layer of cake and allowing the frosting to overflow a little.
- Finish off the icing on the top layer. Use a cake spreader to spread and smooth out the overflow frosting.
- The cake should be minimally covered with frosting. Sprinkle confetti on the cake.
- Top of flowers and Gold Sparkler Candles.
- 1 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vanilla frosting
- confetti sprinkles
- lollipop sticks
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Roll the dough into a log using cling wrap.
- Store overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the dough from the log 1 cm thick.
- Stick the lollipop stick into the cookie dough.
- Put cookie pops onto a baking dish and bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Allow the cookie pop to cool completely.
- Spread vanilla frosting and sprinkle confetti over the frosting.
- Candles: Gold Sparkler Candles
- Party Picks: Tassel Picks
- Napkins: Happy Birthday Foil Napkins
- Confetti Cracker: Hooray Party Crackers
A few fun behind the scenes shots!!