Project Name: Crayon Week - Crayon Frame
Project Difficulty: Intermediate
Supplies from Kit:
- Crayola Construction Paper (4 colors + Black)
- Crayola Crayons (white)
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Washable Glue
- Crayola Glue Stick
- 4 Popsicle Sticks
- Mark the length of the popsicle stick on each sheet of construction paper. You will want to make the crayons a tad bit longer than the popsicle stick. The tip will be start at the end of mark. Use the popsicle sticks to measure the width of the crayons. The popsicle sticks can also be used to help you draw straight line.
- Draw a small triangle at one end of the rectangle (on each sheet of paper) and cut out. You should now have 4 crayon shapes, one each sheet of paper.
- Using your black sheet of construction paper, cut out another rectangle the length of a popsicle stick.
- Mark the width of the popsicle stick all the way up the rectangle with a white crayon - then cut out. You should now have 6 small black rectangles.
- Cut a wavy line through each rectangle. You should now have 8 sets of wavy lines. 2 sets per crayon.
- Glue one set to each end of your cutout crayons with the waves facing each other, leaving a small space in between.
- Using the washable liquid glue, overlap the glue popsicle sticks to make a square. Glue each of the corners to make the base of the frame.
- Glue the crayons around the frame, one on each side. The points of each crayon will overlap the end of the next crayon. Cut out 2 small ovals and write your choice of word(s) on each with a white crayon. Glue to the middle of two of the crayons.Using your Crayola glue stick, glue your photo onto a sheet of construction paper. Add glue to the back of your popsicle sticks and attach your picture.