Project Name: Creative Playtime Week - Magical Dragon Room Name Sign
Project Difficulty: Intermediate
Supplies from Kit:
- Crayola Markers
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Washable Glue
- Crayola Glue Stick
- Crayola Construction Paper in Green, Pink, Yellow, Red, and Orange
- Draw and cut out the shape of the dragons head on green construction paper.
- Trace the bottom half of the dragon head on a second piece of green construction paper and cut out. This will be the back side of the dragons mouth.
- Fold up the bottom of the dragon's head (the mouth) and glue the end of the second piece of construction paper to the back. The top piece will open up to the mouth.
- Cut out three different sizes of flames from the yellow red and orange construction paper.
- Cut out a small pink tongue.
- Glue the flames and the tongue into the mouth of the dragon (in between the two sheets of green that you previously cut out and glued together).
- Cut out two dragon horns and glue to the top of the dragon head using your glue stick.
- On a white sheet of paper, draw two circles and cut out. Attach to the dragon head for the eyes. Draw black circles in each eye and draw nostrils.
- With your purple and orange construction paper, draw and then cut out the dragons main.
- Glue to the back of your dragon head using your washable glue stick.
- Glue the yarn to the back of your dragon leaving enough opening to be able to hang from a doorknob or hook. Glue two strips of construction paper over the end of the string like shown below.
- Add a small piece of white paper with YOUR name on it underneath the dragon mouth (but on top of the flame and tongue). When you flip open the upper flap you will see your name.