I am always looking for new things to entertain my kiddos and keep them engaged. They love playing with dough of all kinds because the creativity and imaginative play possibilities. Did you know you can make your own dough at home with 3 ingredients? I am teamed up with Aleene's to share an easy recipe to create your very own colorful cornstarch dough in minutes!
- Aleene's Tacky Glue
- Paint or Food Coloring (if you want colorful dough)
- Popsicle Stick
- Disposable Container (for mixing)
- Measuring Cups (ones that are just used for crafting)
- For this recipe you are going to use a 2:1 ratio of Cornstarch to Aleene's Tacky Glue. I used 1 cup of cornstarch and 1/2 cup of Aleene's Tacky Glue
- Pour glue in the disposable container.
- Add a drop of paint and stir. Add more to get a richer color.
- Add the cornstarch and stir.
- Ditch the stir stick and use your hands to kneed the dough until it forms a dough ball.
If the dough is too wet, add a little more cornstarch and kneed. If the dough is too crumbly/dry add a little more glue and kneed.
Make all different colors and let your kiddos have fun playing. This dough works great with cookie cutters to punch out fun shapes!
To shop the gallon jug of Aleene's tacky glue (plus other sizes) visit Aleenes.com
This post is sponsored by Aleene's but all thoughts and opinions are my own!