Project Name: Food Week - Paper Plate Growing Veggie Garden
Project Difficulty: Intermediate
Supplies from Kit:
- Crayola Markers
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Pencil
- Crayola Construction Paper (all the colors)
- Crayola Washable Spill-Proof Paint Paint & Paint Brush
- Crayola Glue Stick
- 1 Paper Plate
- 3 Popsicle Sticks
- Paint your paper plate with the green spill proof paint. Use a little water to get the paint cup wet.
- Draw and cut your favorite vegetables or create the same ones as me.
- Using your glue stick, attach the pieces together to create your carrots, beets, and cauliflower.
- Add details to your veggies using your markers. Glue your veggies to your popsicle sticks using your glue stick.
- Fold your green paper plate in half and cut a slit starting at the fold but don't cut all the way through.
- Unfold your paper plate and fold a smaller portion of it - not quite half way - and then cut a slit starting on the fold but don't cut all the way through.
- Unfold again and color around the slits with black or brown marker to create soil.
- Draw and cut out a sun and cloud from construction paper. Glue to the top of the paper plate.
- Weave your popsicle sticks with the veggies on top through the slits you created so the veggies look like they are growing out of the soil. The popsicle sticks should now be poking out from underneath the paper plate.