Today we are going to create a magic bookmark!
Project Name: Mermaid Tail Bookmark
Project Difficulty: Intermediate
- White Construction Paper or Cardstock
- Glitter Glue
- Washable Glue Stick
- Popsicle Stick
- Paint Brush
- Paper Towels
- Free Template
- Click here to open, save and print the template for the mermaid tail. Cut it out. You can also draw your own mermaid tail.
- Trace your template onto the white paper and cut it out.
- Take the water colors, paint brush, and water, and start with some purple at the top of the tail. Remember with water color you can always control how dark or light the color is by the amount of water you use. Add more water to lighten the color. Next add in green paint. At the bottom of my mermaid tail paint in blue.
- Set aside and let dry.
- Once the tail is dry add an outline and then add some scales to the middle.
- The last step is to glue a popsicle stick to the back of our mermaid tail using our washable glue stick. Press down and allow to dry.
- Use the bookmark by sticking the popsicle stick in the book and let the tail pop out! It is the perfect excuse to read a new book! See you for the next camp craft!