Summer is all about sweet treats and why not mix those in with fun and easy crafts! You can beat the hit indoors with two easy crafts that are great for all ages. This week on my Crayola live broadcast we are making model magic popsicles and donut and cake paper plate puzzles.
The Crayola supplies I used today can be found at Crayola.com
Project 1: Model Magic Popsicles
- Crayola Model Magic
- Popsicle Sticks (have a parent cut them in half)
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Start by rolling your Model Magic into a ball. Flatten and mold into the shape of a popsicle.
- Push the end of a popsicle stick into the bottom of the popsicle stick.
- Decorate the popsicles by making sprinkles with extra model magic and glitter glue.
- Let the pop air dry before you play with it!
Project 2: Sweet Treat Paper Plate Puzzle
- Crayola Markers, Crayons, Colored Pencils
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Paper Plate (uncoated works best)
- Crayola Glue Stick
- Decide if you want to make a cake or a donut. If you want to make a donut, fold the paper plate in half and cut a half circle out of the center and unfold. If you are making a cake leave the plate as is.
- Use the crayons, markers, colored pencils and decorate your sweet treat.
- Once you are your paper plate into pieces. If you are making a cake you can cut it into slices. If you are are doing a donut you can cut it into sections.
- Not mix up the pieces and try to put it back together!
Once you have mastered your puzzle, give it to a sibling or friend to try!
Happy Crafting Kiddos!