You already know I love everything Crayola but their STEAM Paper Butterfly Kit is so cool! My daughter Lily thought the experiment and learning how to mix colors was amazing. I had a blast sharing this kit on an episode of Creative Living with Lynn Lilly
- Crayola Butterfly Kit
- Crayola Washable Liquic Glue
- Crayola Construction paper
- Put together your butterflies.
- Place 20 drops of dye under each butterfly. You can choose just 1 color or use the color guide provided to mix.
- Fill the provided pipet with water. Squeeze that water into the same area as the dye underneath each butterfly.
- Optional: If you would like to add some designs to your butterflies, take your white crayon and draw a design on BEFORE you apply the dye. You will notice that the dye will spread everywhere EXCEPT the places colored with the white crayon.
- Cut out a piece of cardboard and a piece of construction paper the same size.
- Use your Crayola glue to glue your construction paper to your cardboard.
- Choose a photo and glue the photo to the top of your construction paper.
- Glue your butterflies to the corner of your photo.
- Add anything additional you would like i.e. paper roses, glitter glue, pipe cleaners, trim.
This post is sponsored by Crayola but all thoughts and opinions are my own!
xoxo - Lynn