Today we are going to be making a 3D Snow Globe Canvas. Snow globes have been one of my favorite keepsakes since I was child so I am very excited about today's craft. I creating a snowman for the inside of my snow globe but you can be creative and make your own winter wonderland scene in our snow globe.
Materials from Your Kit:
- Model Magic
- Watercolor Paint Set & Brush
- Metallic Markers
- Glitter Glue
- Construction Paper
- Creativity Canvas
- Small Paper Plate (I used a 6" plate)
- Glue Stick
- Liquid Glue
To view the video with subtitles click here to watch it on a private unlisted Youtube playlist.
- If your plate has a circle in the center, outline it with a pencil or marker. If there is not a circle in the center draw one. You want to leave at least a 1" boarder around the plate.
- Fold the plate in half and cut out the center. Refer to the video to see how I cut out the center.
- Using the watercolor paints paint the plate a color of your choice.
- White the plate is drying we are going to use it to create the base of the snow globe. Place the plate slightly over the edge of black sheet of construction paper.
- Use the ruler to draw a slightly angled line from each side. The line should be about 3" long.
- Connect the two lines. Cut out and set aside.
- Place the paper plate on the edge of a sheet of blue paper. The paper should come to the middle of the plate. Trace the outside of the plate on the blue paper. Remove the plate and cut out the half circle you just traced.
- Cut a wavy line at the top of the half circle.
- Next place the blue piece you just cut on top of a green piece of paper. Then line up the plate on top.
- Trace the inside of the plate the blue piece on the green piece of paper. Remove the blue piece and the plate.
- Draw a tree inside the area you just traced. Cut it out.
- Draw and cut two smaller trees.
- Set those pieces aside and follow the photos below to make a snowman out of Model Magic. Refer to video for detailed instructions.
- Glue the black base from step 6 towards the bottom of the canvas.
- Glue the blue piece slightly overlapping the base.
- Next glue the trees onto the canvas, keeping them close to the blue piece.
- Glue the Model Magic Snowman on top of the trees and blue piece.
- Flip the paper plate over and apply glue all around the edges.
- Glue over top of the of the scene you just created lining it up with the base.
- Have some fun using the Metallic Markers and Glitter Glue to decorate the inside of the snow globe, the base and all around. The glitter glue is perfect to create snow inside the glove and around it.
I can't wait to see your snow globe creations!
Parent's don't forget to share your child's projects in the private facebook group and if you share on social use #campcraftbox