Winter is officially here and chili is just what I want in my belly. I don't eat chili often because I hate beans and I am one of the only people that makes chili without beans. After one taste of this savory chili you will never go back to beans! And it is a healthy version!
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 12 ounces of tomato paste
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower chopped
- 2 cups of mushrooms sliced
- 6 thin boneless chicken breasts cut in small pieces
- 4 tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 tsp of ground pepper
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 avocado chunked
- 1 lime
- Throw all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir.
- Slow cook for 8 hours on low
- Stir every 2 hours
- Serve over rice if desired. I think the chili is so good and filling it doesn't need rice.
- Top with avocado and a squeeze of fresh lime.