It's the middle of winter and we're hit with some crazy winter weather. To prepare for the icy weekend ahead, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up five simple ingredients to make chicken and dumplings soup. This is the perfect meal that is warm and hearty enough to ride out any winter storm. I have plenty to eat and it only takes 30 minutes or less to make!
5 Ingredient Chicken and Dumplings
4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
3 tablespoons butter
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup (10.75 ounce each can)
4 sprigs of sage
1 canister of biscuit dough
1. Heat Dutch oven on medium high.
2. Add butter to melt.
3. Add sage and stir it with the melted butter.
4. Add Cream of Mushroom soup, 2 quarts of water and shredded chicken. Stir it well.
5. Close the lid and bring to a boil.
6. Pinch the biscuit dough to a quarter size and drop it into the soup. Stir well.
7. Close the lid and cook on low heat for 20 - 25 minutes. Stir occasionally.
8. Take out the cooked sprigs of sage and discard it.
9. Serve chicken in dumplings hot. Garnish with fresh sliced sage leaves for an aromatic and delicious meal.
A home cooked meal should be simple and delicious. Stay warm this winter! I know I will be.
For more recipes, check out Sweets By Chan.