After hosting a huge holiday party, my husband and I have more wine bottles than we know what do with. My current wine racks are all full so I had no choice but to build a wine rack. I ventured to my local Home Depot and hit up the plumbing section. I picked up two pieces of PVC pipe and had one of their friendly staff cut them up smaller sections. And here is how I turned plumbing pipes into sophisticated wine rack.
- 4 inch PVC Pipe
- 1.5 inch PVC Pipe
- E6000 Glue
- Plastic Primer
- Brown Plastic Spray Paint
- Clear Finishing Spray
- After you get home with your pipes, lay out your design on a flat covered surface.
- One by one glue the pipes together, holding each connection together for 30 - 60 seconds. After all pieces are glued together let the project dry for 2 hours.
- In a well ventilated room or outdoors spray the rack with primer and let dry for 30 minutes.
- After the primer is dry apply a coat of spray paint and let dry for 30 minutes. Continue to apply coats every 30 minutes until you have achieved the desired color.
- Let rack dry for 1 hour before applying the finishing spray. Let dry for 2 hours before using.