I absolutely love gold utensils but they are so darn expensive. In true craftinista fashion I figured out an easy hack that gave me the same look and feel of the expensive store bough ones. I hope you enjoy this DIY as much as I did!
- Silver Utensils
- Gold Spray Paint
- Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer
- Scotch Tape
- Cardboard Box with flaps
- Tape a straight line at the end of the utensil handle.
- Cut slits in the flap of the cardboard box lid. The slits need to be just big enough to fit the handles of the utensils.
- From the inside out push the utensils handle first through the slits so the handles are sticking out of the top of the box flap.
- Spray the utensil handles with gold spray paint and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Spray utensil handles with Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer and let dry for 60 minutes.
- Remove from the box flap and remove the tape.
- Always wash utensils by hand.