I have been on a cookie craze lately. By lately, I mean all year long. It's probably because I have perfected the best cookie dough recipe ever. The only thing to do next is to throw in a variety of cookie toppings for each occasion.
This fall, I created an autumn inspired cookie called Chocolate Butterscotch Pecan cookies. I think butterscotch is an under appreciated confectionery. It's just as amazing as caramel and toffee. When combined with chocolate morsels and crunchy pecans, you have the perfect fall cookies.
Chocolate Butterscotch Pecan Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups All Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground oatmeal
- 2 sticks of butter, unsalted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup regular sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bag of butterscotch morsels (8 ounce)
- 1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips (8 ounce)
- 1 1/2 cup chopped pecan
1. Combine the dry ingredients. In a large bowl, combine flour, oatmeal, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add eggs one at a time. Then add lime juice.
3. Add the dry ingredients and mix slowly.
4. Add the butterscotch, chocolate chips and pecans to the dough. Mix slowly until the dough spreads evenly.
5. Refrigerate the dough over night or up to 4 hours.
6. Bake cookies on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for 12 - 14 minutes. The bigger the cookie scoop, the longer the bake time.
Get ready to enjoy the best chocolate butterscotch pecan cookies ever.