- 3/4 cup of smashed cinnamon graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 large eggs
- 5 packages of 1/3 less fat cream cheese (8 ounce packs)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Light whipping cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush your graham crackers and mix with butter. Press into the bottom of a glass dish or spring form pan.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch.
- In a large bowl whip sugar, cornstarch and cream cheese.
- Beat in eggs.
- Lightly beat in vanilla light whipping cream
- Pour mixture into the pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for 1.5 hours on a rack.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 1 lb of Boars Head Slow Roasted Roast Beef (from the deli counter)
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup of mushrooms chopped
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 hoagies
- 12 slices of white American Cheese
- Tin foil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Saut? green pepper and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of oil until lightly browned.
- Remove mushrooms and peppers and saut? onions with remaining oil until they are lightly browned.
- Add the roast beef, peppers and mushrooms to the sauté pan.
- Chop up meet as it is cooking. Cook until is no longer pink. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice your hoagies and line with slices of cheese.
- Once beef mixture is done fill the hoagie rolls.
- Wrap hoagie rolls in tin foil and place in the oven for 5 minutes to melt the cheese.
CHICAGO: Deep Dish Pizza
- 3 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons table salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons rapid rise yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Mix yeast ¼ cup of warm water, ¼ cup of flour and sugar in a bowl cover and let stand in a warm place for 15~20 minutes then mix in all the other ingredients mix well and let stand covered for about 1.5 hours. Kneed dough on a floured surface to remove the air bubbles. Split into two dough balls and roll out for two pizzas!
Sauce & Fillings:
Sausage, shredded mozzarella, grated parmesan and 3 jars of pizza sauce
I love sausage so I sauteed a simple pork sausage. I used a jar pizza sauce instead of making one from scratch. The trick to creating a tasty jar sauce is to heat the sauce, add a teaspoons of olive oil, salt pepper, Italian seasoning and cooked sausage. Let the sauce simmer for 20-30 minutes so the favors meld into each other.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees
- Rub butter all on the interior of the skillet/pan
- Roll out dough and press dough into the skillet or pan.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese.
- Add sauce and sausage topping.
- Top with mozzarella and parmesan
- Rub the tops of the crust with olive oil.